This is a great recipes. Really delicious!
Chicken and Asparagus Pasta Toss
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 369
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 19.7g
- Carbohydrate: 57.5g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 24.2mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 530mg
- Calcium: 170mg
- 1 pound uncooked rotini (corkscrew pasta)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups (1-inch) slices asparagus
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package precooked chicken strips (such as Louis Rich)
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Combine pasta and oil in a large bowl, and toss well.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add asparagus, onion, hot sauce, and red pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Stir in pasta, salt, black pepper, chicken, and tomatoes; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cheese; sprinkle with paprika.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note