Chicken-Asparagus Mac and Cheese
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package rotini pasta
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen asparagus cuts
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10-oz.) block 2% sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1. Prepare pasta and asparagus according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and next 3 ingredients; cook, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 3. Gradually stir in Cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in chicken, hot cooked pasta, and asparagus. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes