This recipe will definitely go into my rotation. It is easy to throw together and is a filling one dish meal. I suggest following the directions and mixing everything because the warm rice wilts the greens and melts the cheese.
Chicken, Arugula, and Wild Rice Salad with Sauteed Apples
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 308
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 20.6g
- Carbohydrate: 37.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 555mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- 2 Granny Smith apples, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups trimmed arugula or spinach
- 2 cups chopped ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 8 ingredients in a jar. Cover jar tightly, and shake vigorously; set aside.
- To prepare salad, bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the wild rice; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- Combine apple wedges and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a small bowl, and toss well. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add apple mixture. Cook for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Combine cooked wild rice, arugula, chicken, grapes, and cheese in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette, and toss well. Place 1 1/2 cups salad on each of 4 serving plates, and top each serving with 4 apple wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This