Chicken-Arugula Salad Open-Faced Sandwiches
This chunky chicken salad features and olive oil vinaigrette instead of mayonnaise and is spooned over one slice of toasted gluten-free bread along with fresh arugula and tomato slices.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.1g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 63mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 480mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 4 (1-ounce) slices gluten-free bread, lightly toasted
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 (6-ounce) tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken, onion, and cheese, tossing gently.
- 2. Place 1 toast slice on each of 4 plates. Top each with 1/2 cup arugula, 1 tomato slice, and about 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
Arugula has a peppery flavor that's more intense than that of most lettuces. It's highly perishable and will only last for a few days after purchase. Store it in the refrigerator inside a perforated plastic bag. Rinse thoroughly, and pat dry before using.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note