The sandwich was a little dry - I would definitely use more yogurt spread next time. But there was great flavor wedged between the bread slices, in the kalamata, arugula, and chicken. Served with grapes and potato chips for an easy lunch.
Chicken-Arugula Focaccia Sandwiches
Randy Mayor; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
Leftover Mediterranean Grilled Chicken is paired with a zesty yogurt sauce. If your bakery has fresh focaccia, use it instead of a commercial brand.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.5g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 702mg
- Calcium: 88mg
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary-Garlic Rub
- 2 Mediterranean Grilled Chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 (8.8-ounce) loaf rosemary focaccia (such as Alessi), cut in half horizontally and toasted
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt and 1 tablespoon Rosemary-Garlic Rub.
- Remove the Mediterranean Grilled Chicken from bones; thinly slice. Combine juice, oil, salt, and pepper; drizzle over arugula, tossing to coat.
- Spread yogurt mixture over cut sides of bread. Arrange arugula, sliced chicken, onion, and olives over bottom half of loaf; cover with top half of loaf. Cut into 4 wedges.
- (Totals include Rosemary-Garlic Rub and Mediterranean Grilled Chicken)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches