Basically bland and a bit acidic with the tomatoes and artichokes. Also remember it serves 12! There are better chicken casserole recipes on this site. A bit disappointing.
Chicken, Artichoke, and Rice Casserole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 chicken thighs (about 3 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups diced plum tomato
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced into strips
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Set aside; keep warm. Preheat oven to 400º.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and rice; sauté 15 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Add chicken; top with peas, tomato, and artichokes. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 50 minutes; stir after 25 minutes. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir well; top with pepper strips.
- Note: One (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, may be substituted for frozen artichoke hearts, if desired. Sodium content will be higher.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles