- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 chicken thighs (about 3 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3 cups no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cups diced plum tomato
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup bottled roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced into strips
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic; cook 7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan. Set aside; keep warm. Preheat oven to 400º.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and rice; sauté 15 minutes or until rice is lightly browned. Add broth and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil. Add chicken; top with peas, tomato, and artichokes. Bake, uncovered, at 400º for 50 minutes; stir after 25 minutes. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir well; top with pepper strips.
Note: One (15-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, may be substituted for frozen artichoke hearts, if desired. Sodium content will be higher.