- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh fettuccine
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons light stick butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- Shaved fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- calories 259
- fat 4.6 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- protein 23.2 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- cholesterol 45 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 473 mg
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fiber 2.2 g
- calcium 59 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
While pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Add butter to pan, and cook over medium heat 1 minute or until butter melts. Add flour, and stir with a whisk; cook 1 minute or until bubbly. Add milk, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
Add reserved mushrooms, chicken, and artichokes to pan, stirring gently. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add lemon juice and, if desired, green onions. Toss chicken mixture with pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.