Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) sweet paprika
- 1 piece(s) onion - Small Diced
- 1 piece(s) green bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 can(s) fire roasted diced tomatoes with chiles 14.5 ounce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Thyme - Dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 2 piece(s) chicken sausages (andouille) chopped
- 8 ounce(s) Chicken breast- Ground
- 1 package(s) Cojita cheese, crumbled
- 1 piece(s) avocado, cut into chunks
- 1. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the paprika, onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, cumin, thyme, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have formed a thick sauce, about 20 minutes. Add the chicken sausage and ground chicken and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up any ground chicken clumps, for about 10 minutes, until the mixture is dry.
- 2. To serve, split the arepas in half, scoop out the doughy insides, and fill with filling. Top with chopped avocado and crumbled cojita cheese if desired and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TommyMassey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note