This was fantastic! I used less mayo in the dressing, and only made enough for 2. See my full review and photos here: http://kendallandkeith.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicken-apple-and-smoked-gouda-salad.html
Chicken, Apple, and Smoked Gouda Salad
One deli-style rotisserie chicken yields the perfect amount for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 2 large Gala apples, thinly sliced (about 1 lb.)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (6-oz.) package baby spinach and spring greens mix
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 small red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup salted roasted pecans
- Honey-Mustard Dressing
- 1. Toss apple slices with lemon juice.
- 2. Layer salad greens, apples, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a large glass bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 8 hours. Toss salad with 1/4 cup Honey-Mustard Dressing just before serving. Serve with remaining dressing.
- Note: We tested with Fresh Express 50/50 Spring Mix and Baby Spinach.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This