Chicken-Apple Sausage Flatbread
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 (11-oz.) can refrigerated thin-crust pizza dough
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 crisp, sweet apples (such as Gala, Fuji, or Braeburn)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 (12-oz.) package smoked chicken-and-apple sausage links
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whipped cream cheese spread
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives and basil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Press pizza dough into a 14- x 9-inch rectangle in a lightly greased (with cooking spray) jelly-roll pan.
- 2. Bake at 425° on lower oven rack 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Meanwhile, thinly slice apples; toss with 1/2 tsp. lemon juice.
- 3. Cook sausage links in a skillet over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until browned; slice. Stir salt and pepper into whipped cream cheese spread; spread over baked crust. Top with apples and sausage. Sprinkle with chopped fresh chives and basil.
- 4. Cut into squares, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note