This recipe was very tasty & easy to make. I made substitutions to the ingredient list, which is why I put 3 stars instead of 4. I only used the rotisserie chicken breast meat (saving the dark meat for other recipes), gala apples (b/c I'm not a fan of Granny Smiths), lemon juice, and baby spinach. Also I mixed the baby spinach with the salad, instead of serving it as a bed. Made good sandwiches with this recipe. My dad was a BIG fan of this!
Chicken and Apple Salad
This low-calorie Chicken and Apple Salad puts a zesty spin on an old childhood favorite. Instead of serving this main-dish salad over greens, fold it into whole-wheat wraps with a few spinach leaves. Serve the wrap with baked potato chips or tortilla chips on the side.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 1029mg
- 1 3 1/2-lb. rotisserie chicken
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1. Remove meat from chicken and dice, discarding skin and bones (you should have about 4 cups of meat).
- 2. Toss apples with 1 Tbsp. lime juice in a large bowl. Add chicken and red onion. In a separate small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, red pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt and remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Stir dressing into chicken mixture to coat. Season with salt.
- 3. Arrange greens on four plates. Top with chicken salad and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine