Chicken and Yellow Rice with Black Beans
Very tasty! The best chicken and yellow rice I've ever made. Use the recipe for homemade yellow rice in the file and add to the browned chicken for the last 20 minutes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbls olive oil, divided
- 1 recipe Homemade Yellow Rice (started but not cooked)
- 2 cans (15 oz) Black Beans
- Pepper Sauce (to taste)
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tbls of oil in pan and swirl to coat. Add chicken and brown on all sides, 4-6 minutes.
- Add the already started yellow rice with a little extra water if needed and cook covered for about 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and let stand while heating the black beans.
- Plate rice with chicken and spoon black beans on top.
- Season with pepper sauce, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Margiek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note