Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 T butter
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice mix and seasoning packet
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1. Saute onion, celery and carrots in butter for 5 minutes in a large soup pot.
- 2. Add water, stock, soup, rice and seasoning packet. Bring to a boil and then simmer 30-40 minutes until rice is tender. 3. Add chicken and heat through.
- 4. Add half and half and simmer 5-10 minutes more.
- ** Can be made earlier in the day and refrigerated. Upon reheating add some more stock to thin out.
- ** Variation: Use Wild Rice mixture with mushroom flavor and chopped fresh mushrooms
This recipe is a personal recipe added by evsharer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews