This comes together quickly with tons of flavor. Creamy, without being too rich, and packed with veggies. Comfort food!
Chicken-and-Wild Rice Soup
If you don't have cooked chicken on hand, bone and chop a deli-roasted chicken. One chicken will yield about 3 cups chopped cooked chicken - freeze 1 cup for another use.
Yield: Makes about 10 cups
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 cups water
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Sauté onion and carrots in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes. Add 5 cups water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook Recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This