- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 cups water
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
How to Make It
Sauté onion and carrots in a lightly greased Dutch oven over medium heat 5 minutes. Add 5 cups water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes. Add cheese and soup; cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook Recipe.