Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix prepare according to package directions, set aside.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2 8 oz. cans sliced water chestnuts drained
- 5 cup(s) chopped cooked chicken
- 2 10 3/4oz. cans cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) soft breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions, celery, and water chestnuts. Saute' 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Rice, chicken, 3 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, milk, salt & pepper.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased casserole dishes. Top casserole evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-60 minutes, depending on size of casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- To make ahead: Freeze unbaked casserole up to one month. Do not sprinkle with cheese before freezing. Let stand at room temp. one hour. Bake, covered at 350-30 min. Uncover casserole and bake 55 more min. Sprinkle with cheese and then bake 5 more min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaMason and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note