Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
Community Recipe from
- 2 package(s) fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix prepare according to package directions, set aside.
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 2 medium onions chopped
- 4 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2 8 oz. cans sliced water chestnuts drained
- 5 cup(s) chopped cooked chicken
- 2 10 3/4oz. cans cream of mushroom soup undiluted
- 4 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) soft breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add onions, celery, and water chestnuts. Saute' 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in Rice, chicken, 3 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, milk, salt & pepper.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased casserole dishes. Top casserole evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-60 minutes, depending on size of casserole. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- To make ahead: Freeze unbaked casserole up to one month. Do not sprinkle with cheese before freezing. Let stand at room temp. one hour. Bake, covered at 350-30 min. Uncover casserole and bake 55 more min. Sprinkle with cheese and then bake 5 more min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaMason and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes