More From Health
- Calories: 322
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 41g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 174mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces (3 cups) wild mushroom caps (shiitake, chanterelle, oyster)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
- 1. Warm 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; cook about 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove to platter; cover with foil.
- 2. Warm remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leek, and thyme; cook, stirring often, until mushroom liquid evaporates and leek softens, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter, broth, wine (if using), and any juices from the chicken platter; cook 3 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- 3. Divide the sauce among 4 plates; top with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note