- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces (3 cups) wild mushroom caps (shiitake, chanterelle, oyster)
- 1 cup thinly sliced leek (about 1 medium)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon dry white wine (optional)
- calories 322
- fat 11 g
- satfat 4 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 41 g
- carbohydrate 16 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 108 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 174 mg
- calcium 38 mg
How to Make It
Warm 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; cook about 6 minutes per side until cooked through. Remove to platter; cover with foil.
Warm remaining oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, leek, and thyme; cook, stirring often, until mushroom liquid evaporates and leek softens, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter, broth, wine (if using), and any juices from the chicken platter; cook 3 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
Divide the sauce among 4 plates; top with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.