Chicken-and-White Cheddar Casserole
This recipe easily doubles to serve four. You can bake puff pastry shells the day before. Remove tops and reheat on a baking sheet at 350° for five minutes.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- Dash of paprika
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- 1. Bake 4 pastry shells according to package directions. Reserve remaining shells for another use.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken and green onions. Sauté 2 minutes or until green onions are tender. Add eggs, and cook, without stirring, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not over stir.) Gently fold in Cheddar Cheese Sauce.
- 3. Spoon egg mixture into prepared pastry shells. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note