Chicken and White Bean Soup with Greens
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup(s) leeks thinly sliced
- 1 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chicken boneless, skinless, shreaded
- 1 sprig(s) fresh rosemary
- 19 ounce(s) cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup(s) kale chopped
- 1 cup(s) baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1. Heat oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 3–4 minutes or until tender but not browned. Add carrots, and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add broth, chicken, and rosemary; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, skimming occasionally.
- 2. Add beans and kale, and simmer for about 5 minutes more. Add spinach, and cook 2–3 minutes more or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove rosemary sprig and garlic clove. Ladle soup into 6 warm bowls; sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shadowmistife and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note