family loved it!
Chicken and white bean chili (Men's Health)
per serving 270 calories 26 g protein 11 g carbohydrates 3 g fiber 13 g fat 285 milligrams sodium
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into small pieces
- 1 pound(s) lean ground chicken
- 1 can(s) 7oz roasted chopped green chilis
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayene pepper
- 4 cup(s) low sodium chicken stock
- 1 can(s) 14oz cannellini beans (great northern)
- chopped cilantro
- shredded cheese
- diced onion
- sour cream
- 1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallions (saving some greens for a garnish) and the garlic, and cook, stirring, until golden. Add the chili powder and cumin, and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute longer. Add the white beans, tomatoes and their juice, and broth. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced, about 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken, and simmer 5 minutes longer.
- 2. Divide the chili among 4 bowls, and garnish with scallion greens. Serve with hot pepper sauce, if desired.
- top with cilantro, shredded cheese, diced onion, sour cream, sliced jalapeno
This recipe is a personal recipe added by paxtekton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and white bean chili (Men's Health) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes