Chicken and Vegetable Balsamic Pesto Pasta Salad
You can substitute any vegetables you like!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 ounce(s) Whole grain rotini or penne Cooked and chilled
- 1 tablespoon(s) Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) Shallot Finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 cup(s) Radishes thinly sliced
- 2 whole(s) Bell peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 cup(s) Green beans trimmed and halved
- 1/2 pint(s) Grape tomatoes halved
- 2 piece(s) Chicken breast halves
- 1/2 whole(s) Lemon Zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1/4 cup(s) Pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) Balsamic vinegar
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, defrost the chicken and start chopping vegetables. Chill pasta in refrigerator while vegetables and chicken cook. (15 minutes).
- 2. While the pasta is chilling, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and shallots to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add peppers, green beans, and radishes to pan and cook until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir occasionally. When finished, add vegetables to pasta in refrigerator and chill. (5-6 minutes).
- 3. While vegetables are cooking, season the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning and lemon zest. Cook on grill pan, outdoor grill, or George Forman until done. Remove from heat and toss with lemon juice. Slice the cooked chicken into 1-inch cubes. Chill in refrigerator. While the chicken is cooling, combine the dressing and halve the tomatoes. (10 minutes).
- 4. For the dressing, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, pesto sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Halve the grape tomatoes and add to pasta. Combine pasta, chicken, and dressing, tossing to combine. Divide into 5 equal servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by syzygy876 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note