Chicken and Sweet Potatoe Stew
Here's a dinnertime warmer with a hint of spring's sweetness, designed for that day when you'd rather be outside raking the leaves from the garden, getting it ready for what's ahead, than slaving over the stove.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 piece(s) chicken thighs skin removed, trimmed of fat
- 2 pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled and cut into spears
- 1 1/2 pound(s) white button mushrooms thinly sliced
- 6 piece(s) large shallots peeled and halved
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1.Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.
- Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.
- Per serving: 285 calories; 6 g fat ( 2 g sat , 2 g mono ); 50 mg cholesterol; 35 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 17 g protein; 5 g fiber; 519 mg sodium; 866 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (430% daily value), Potassium (25% dv), Fiber (20% dv).
- Carbohydrate Servings: 2
- Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CSantini and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note