Outstanding for ease, availability of ingredients, and taste!
- 1 deli-roasted whole chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) cans ROTEL Milder Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- Remove chicken from bones; cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and green chilies, broth, 1 cup water, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes