We used a deli chicken to make this entrée easier. Be sure to remove all skin and bones.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package Cajun-style smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Cook smoked sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until browned. Add celery, onion, and bell pepper, and sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until rice is done and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note