- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat; add chopped celery, onion, and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add sausage, and sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.