- 1 deli-roasted whole chicken
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (10-ounce) cans ROTEL Milder Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
How to Make It
Remove chicken from bones; cut chicken into bite-size pieces, and set aside.
Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in tomatoes and green chilies, broth, 1 cup water, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken and rice. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is tender.