Chicken and Rice Soup With Lemon
Everyday Food: The Light Issue
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast (1 large chicken breast half)
- chopped fresh dill, for serving
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 cup(s) long grain white rice
- 7 cup(s) low sodium chicken broth or water
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine broth and chicken; bring broth to a gentle simmer over medium. Reduce heat slightly so liquid is moving but not simmering; cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and let rest until cool enough to handle. Shred into bite size pieces.
- 2. Bring broth to a rapid simmer; add rice and cook just until tender, 16 to 18 minutes. Return chicken to pot. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; whisk in lemon juice. Whisking constantly, slowly pour 1 cup hot broth into egg mixture. Immediately whisk egg mixture into pot. Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve immediately, garnished with pepper and dill.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note