Chicken-and-Rice Salad with Pesto Yogurt Dressing
Dinner doesn't get much simpler than this: Boil some rice and toss it with pesto, yogurt, and rotisserie chicken from the supermarket. Leftover cooked chicken or turkey will work just fine, too.
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup store-bought or homemade pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 roasted chicken, bones and skin removed (about 1 pound meat), meat torn into bite-size pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1. Bring a medium pot of boiling, salted water to a boil. Stir in the rice and boil until just done, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 2. In a large serving bowl, whisk together the yogurt, pesto, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken and the rice and toss to combine.
- Serve With: Pesto
- Wine Recommendation: Both the dominant herbal flavor of the pesto and the yogurt's acidic tang suggest a sauvignon-blanc-based wine. Once again, look to the Loire, sauvignon's ancestral home, for an herbal, gassy, citrusy Sancerre or Pouilly-Fumé.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads