- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar-colby cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
How to Make It
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 4 ingredients, and sauté 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup, chicken, salt, and pepper.
Combine chicken mixture and rice. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.