The secret to tender pancakes? Mix the batter just long enough to incorporate the ingredients, and flip them only once.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups instant pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Italian six-cheese blend
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Quick Cream Gravy (optional)
- 1. Whisk together pancake mix and milk in a large bowl, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- 2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a hot (350°), lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Serve with Quick Cream Gravy, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note