Chicken and Rice
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) boneless skinless chicken strips
- 1 onion
- 2 green bell peppers chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 container(s) no salt added 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen carrot and pea blend
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 3/4 cup(s) brown rice
- 1. In a nonstick skillet , saute chciken strips over medium heat until cooked thoroughly, about 10 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In a large skillet bring remaining ingredients to a boil. Cover and simer about 30 minutes, until rice has absorbed liquid.
- 3. Remove cover from rice mixture, remove from heat, and let stand for 3 to 5 minutes. Arrange chicken over rice and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kimberlyi21 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes