This was pretty bland. Bland and a soft texture is a boring combination. We prefer something more zippy.
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups instant pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded colby-Jack cheese blend
- 1 cup refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Quick Cream Gravy (optional)
- 1. Whisk together pancake mix and milk in a large bowl, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- 2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a hot (350°), lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Serve with Quick Cream Gravy, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix and Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns.
- Chicken-and-Rice Cakes: Substitute shredded Italian six-cheese blend for colby-Jack cheese blend and 1 cup cooked rice for hash browns. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Quick Cream Gravy: Bring 1/4 cup dry white wine to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute. Add 1 cup water; whisk in 1 (1.2-oz.) package roasted chicken gravy mix and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Increase heat to medium, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. heavy cream. Makes 1 1/4 cups. Prep: 5 min., Cook: 5 min.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables