This was pretty bland. Bland and a soft texture is a boring combination. We prefer something more zippy.
The secret to tender pancakes? Mix the batter just long enough to incorporate the ingredients, and flip them only once.
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups instant pancake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded colby-Jack cheese blend
- 1 cup refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Quick Cream Gravy (optional)
- 1. Whisk together pancake mix and milk in a large bowl, whisking just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients, stirring just until blended.
- 2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each cake onto a hot (350°), lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook pancakes 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 5 to 6 minutes or until done. Serve with Quick Cream Gravy, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Aunt Jemima Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix and Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns.
- Chicken-and-Rice Cakes: Substitute shredded Italian six-cheese blend for colby-Jack cheese blend and 1 cup cooked rice for hash browns. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Quick Cream Gravy: Bring 1/4 cup dry white wine to a boil over medium heat in a small saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 1 minute. Add 1 cup water; whisk in 1 (1.2-oz.) package roasted chicken gravy mix and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Increase heat to medium, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. heavy cream. Makes 1 1/4 cups. Prep: 5 min., Cook: 5 min.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This