Chicken and Orzo Skillet Dinner from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 cup(s) water
- 12 ounce(s) uncooked orzo
- 2 cup(s) chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoon(s) no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 3 cup(s) baby spinach leaves
- 3 ounce(s) feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- 1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Saute 6 minutes, turning to brown all sides. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in saucepan. Add orzo; cook 8 minutes or until orzo is al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- 3. Add reserved cooking liquid, chopped tomato, tomato paste, salt and red pepper to skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, Add chicken, pasta and 3 cups spinach leaves, stirring until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Orzo Skillet Dinner from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes