Chicken and Mushrooms in Garlic White Wine Sauce
Community Recipe from
- 4 ounce(s) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced fresh garlic
- 1 (8 oz) package(s) presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and o
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup(s) shaved Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and keep warm.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Place chicken breast halves in a shallow dish. Combine 1 tablespoon flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken; toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Add garlic, tarragon, and mushrooms to pan; sauté for 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates and mushrooms darken. Add white wine to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring frequently.
- Return chicken to the pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes. Uncover; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. Stir in noodles; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Place about 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bob1945 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes