Delicious! Optional adjustements: Prepare homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette (for 4 servings); also, substitute all watermelon (for cantaloupe) and pine nuts (for pistachios), if desired; throw in a handful of fresh mint for extra flavor
Chicken-and-Melon Chopped Salad
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped grilled chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted, salted pistachios
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Stir together first 2 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, soak onion slices in hot water to cover 10 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- 3. Add onion, romaine, and next 5 ingredients to dressing mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pistachios. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note