Delicious! Optional adjustements: Prepare homemade Red Wine Vinaigrette (for 4 servings); also, substitute all watermelon (for cantaloupe) and pine nuts (for pistachios), if desired; throw in a handful of fresh mint for extra flavor
Chicken-and-Melon Chopped Salad
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup bottled red wine vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped grilled chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and cubed watermelon
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted, salted pistachios
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Stir together first 2 ingredients in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, soak onion slices in hot water to cover 10 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- 3. Add onion, romaine, and next 5 ingredients to dressing mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pistachios. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This