Chicken-and-Mashed Potato Fritters With Lime-Cayenne Mayonnaise
Yield: Makes about 8 appetizer servings
- 1 pound russet or Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Lime-Cayenne Mayonnaise
- Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook 20 minutes or until tender; drain and mash potatoes.
- Stir together mashed potatoes, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, chicken, and next 7 ingredients. Chill mixture 1 hour. Shape into 1 3/4-inch balls.
- Place dry breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Roll balls in breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
- Pour oil to a depth of 4 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 370°. Fry fritters, in batches, 2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on wire racks over paper towels, and serve immediately. Serve with Lime-Cayenne Mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers