Chicken and Hot Sausage Stew with Polenta
From Rachael Ray Show 1/19/2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 chicken thighs boneless skinless
- salt and pepper
- flour, for dredging
- 1/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 1 pound(s) hot Italian sausage
- 1 bulb(s) fresh fennel thinly sliced
- 1 ounce(s) onion thinly sliced
- 1 red or green pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Fresno or cubanelle pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 4 clove(s) garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red or white wine
- 1 can(s) 28 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock divided
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried basil
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) polenta
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano cheese grated
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Heat a few tablespoons EVOO over medium-high heat in a large Dutch oven and brown chicken well, 5 minutes on each side. Remove to plate, add more oil and brown and crumble the sausage. Remove to plate with chicken.
- Add fennel, onions, peppers, garlic to the pot and season with salt and pepper. Let soften, 5-7 minutes, then stir in tomato paste and basil. Cook 1 minute, deglaze with wine and add tomatoes and 2 cups stock. Add reserved sausage and chicken back to the pot, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally over low heat.
- Bring remaining cup chicken stock and milk to a low boil in a saucepot. Whisk in polenta and cook according to package instructions then stir in butter and cheese.
- Serve polenta in bowls topped with the chicken and sausage stew.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by barbi3142 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note