Chicken and Herbs with Carrot Risotto
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. orso
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. salt plus additional to taste
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper plus additional to taste
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.) cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick chunks
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbs. minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1. Finely chop garlic in a food processor. Add carrots and pulse into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces.
- 2. Heat 1 Tbs. olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add orzo and stir until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add the carrot mixture and stir to blend. Pour in 2 3/4 cups broth and 1/4 tsp. salt and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat until orzo is tender and broth is absorbed, about 12 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, season chicken pieces with thyme, coriander and a pinch each salt and black pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer and cook until browned, about 2 minutes a side. Remove chicken to a plate and top with parsley. Add wine and remaining broth to skillet and boil until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 1 minute.
- 4. Season orzo with salt and black pepper to taste. Spoon pan juices over chicken; serve with orzo.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKP220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Herbs with Carrot Risotto Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes