Chicken and Gruyère Turnovers
To make ahead, prepare the turnovers (but don’t bake them). Tightly wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Let the turnovers thaw 20 minutes at room temperature before baking. Recipe by Sarah Copeland, March 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/chicken-and-gruyere-turnovers-00000000052482.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cup(s) grated GruyÃ¨re
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 2 sheets (one 17.25-ounce package) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, Gruyère, and peas.
- 2. Cut the 2 sheets of puff pastry in half to form 4 rectangles and place on a baking sheet. Dividing evenly, top half of each rectangle with the chicken mixture. Fold over and seal the turnovers; brush the tops with the egg. Bake until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with the mustard.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note