- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, finley chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 2 cups shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 cup finley chopped cooked chicken
- Poppy seeds (optional)
How to Make It
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Combine baking mix and half of cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Stir together milk and egg, blending well; add to cheese mixture, stirring until moistened. Stir in onion, chopped green chiles, and chicken. Spoon into lightly greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, if desired.
Bake at 425º for 18 minutes or until golden. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes before removing from pans.
Note: Substitute mini muffin pans for regular pans, if desired. Bake at 425º for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Make 2 1/2 dozen mini muffins.