A favorite dish. Easily prepare the filling the night before and stuff and bake within minutes. Easily doubled
Chicken-and-Green Chile Enchiladas
Substitute leftover roast beef or your favorite shredded barbecued pork as a tasty alternative to chicken.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup Onion-and-Garlic Mixture
- 2 (4-oz.) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 (10-oz.) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- 8 (9-inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1. Preheat oven to 425º. Stir together first 4 ingredients, 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, and 1 cup cheese.
- 2. Spoon about 1/2 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll tortillas up, and place, seam sides down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 425° for 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes