Chicken and Dumplings
Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) chicken cooked, diced
- 1 cup(s) onions chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1.5 cup(s) reduced-fat all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 3/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup(s) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven. heat the oil and saute the cooked chicken pieces until golden. Add onions, carrots, celery and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine the baking mix, cornmeal, milk, and green onions. Mix until a soft dough forms; drop rounded spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for an additional few minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by seperkin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes