- 1 (10-oz.) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) can Mexican diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro, drained
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken*
- 1 (6-oz.) package Mexican-style cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican four-cheese blend, divided
- Toppings: sliced pickled jalapeño peppers, sour cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together enchilada sauce and next 3 ingredients in a 3 1/2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until combined; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in chicken.
Whisk together cornbread mix, next 3 ingredients, and 3/4 cup cheese in a small bowl just until blended.
Pour chicken mixture into 5 lightly greased (10-oz.) ramekins. Spoon cornbread mixture over hot chicken mixture. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Divide ramekins onto 2 jelly-roll pans.
Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.
*2 (5-oz.) cans chicken, drained, may be substituted.
Note: Mixture may be prepared in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Bake as directed, omitting jelly-roll pans.