Chicken and Chickpea Soup
- 2 can(s) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken, rolled into tiny meatballs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1 lemon, Zest and juice
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 bag(s) mini carrots, sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 package(s) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Zucchini,quartered and sliced
- 1.In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until browned,about 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 2.Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons garlic and spices; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in carrots, mushrooms and Zucchini and return chicken to pot. Stir in broth.
- 3.Bring to a boil. Reduce to a medium simmer, partially cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4. Add chickpeas and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Sprinkle lemon zest, over soup before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by janemoranwhite and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note