Chicken and Cheesy Easy Empanadas
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) below
- 1 cooked chicken breast (Better if you grill the chicken breast the night before)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup diced canned green chiles
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 package pre-made pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°f. Dice Tomato, jalapeno, green onion, chicken, and cilantro. Toss in a bowl with canned green chiles, cumin, shredded cheeses, and cream cheese. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are combined.
- Use a circle cookie cutter to cut as many circles as you can out of two pre-made pie crusts. Place a small spoonful of the mixture into the middle of each circle and fold crust in half over mixture into little crescent shapes(or half circles). With the tines of a fork,press along the outer edge of the half circle to create a nice edge and seal the empanada. Place prepared empanadas on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and bake for15 minutes or until they are golden brown. These are
- great served with salsa!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Cheesy Easy Empanadas Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes