Chicken and Arugula Pita Pockets
The Today Show
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- rotisserie chicken
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto, recipe follows
- 2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup arugula
- For arugula pesto
- 2 cups (packed) arugula
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in parmesan cheese and salt and pepper totaste.
- For the pita, preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and arugula pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
- To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 1/4 cup arugula and serve.
- Serving Size
- Makes 4 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Chicken and Arugula Pita Pockets Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches