1. Unfold pastry sheets, and roll each sheet into a 14- x 12-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Cut 1 sheet into 4 (7- x 6-inch) rectangles; cut second sheet into 2 (7- x 6-inch) rectangles and 1 (14- x 6-inch) rectangle. Set large rectangle aside. Shape each small rectangle into an oval by trimming off corners. Spread pastry ovals evenly with cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edge.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and place in center of each pastry oval. Lightly moisten pastry edges with water. Fold ends over chicken; fold sides over, pressing to seal. Place each bundle, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet.
3. Whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water; brush mixture over chicken bundles.
4. Cut designs from reserved pastry sheet, using a small leaf cutter and a small flower cutter. Score leaves with a paring knife, if desired. Use a wooden pick to make a small hole in center of flowers. Cut 6 narrow strips for stems. Dip cutouts in egg mixture, and arrange in a decorative pattern over chicken bundles. Cover and chill up to 24 hours, or bake immediately.
5. Bake at 400° on lower oven rack 25 minutes or until golden brown.
* 1/2 cup chives-and-onion-flavored cream cheese may be substituted for Alouette cheese.