Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Use a deli-roasted rotisserie chicken to ease the prep.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds bakery pizza dough
- All-purpose flour
- Plain yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 (6-oz.) package fresh baby spinach, thoroughly washed
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium) heat.
- 2. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. Lightly sprinkle flour on a large surface. Roll each portion into a 6-inch round (about 1/4-inch thick). Carefully transfer pizza dough rounds to a cutting board or baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal.
- 3. Slide pizza dough rounds onto cooking grate of grill; spread Creamy Alfredo Sauce over rounds, and top with spinach, chicken, and cheese. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Grill, covered with grill lid, 4 minutes. Rotate pizzas one-quarter turn, and grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 more minutes or until pizza crusts are cooked. Serve immediately.
- Note: Individual pizza dough rounds may be made ahead. Roll out as directed, and place between pieces of wax paper sprinkled with flour and cornmeal; place in a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag. Seal bag, and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes